Breakfast. The most important meal of the day, yet so many of us skip it. We replace our cereal with a strong cup of coffee in the hope that that’s what we need to be able to function. We’re all guilty of it from time to time, especially when we want that extra bit of beauty sleep. The truth is though, eating a well balanced breakfast is far more likely to get us through the day than that extra half an hour in bed and a quick cup of coffee. You wouldn’t skip dinner and go to bed hungry, so why skip breakfast and go into your day hungry? Yet 57% us do this every day in the UK! That’s a lot.
I understand that asking people to get out of bed earlier to make breakfast is a difficult battle to win, so I’m not even going to try. No one wants to be up at the crack of dawn before work making breakfast, which is why I’ve designed a recipe for you all to make the night before. Not even every night, just a Sunday night, and you’ve got breakfast for the whole week! No excuses anymore guys. Try it for a week and see what you think. Time to change the statistics and get more people eating breakfast!
Scroll down for your life changing breakfast recipe, but check out this cool infographic from Jordans Cereal on the way!
(Makes 5-6 portions)
6 large cooking apples
Pack of Jordans Country Crisp cereal
2 cinnamon sticks
1 vanilla pod
6 tablespoons caster sugar
Tub of Greek yoghurt
- Peel all 6 apples and remove the cores. Roughly chop into large chunks and put into a large saucepan.
- Pour 200ml of water and 6 tablespoons of caster sugar on top of the apples and bring to a boil. Add in the cinnamon sticks and vanilla pod and simmer until apples are soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place in an air tight container and store in fridge until required.
- When preparing in the morning, spoon out some of the fruit and the juices into a microwavable dish and warm through.
- Remove from microwave and sprinkle on a generous amount of Jordans Country Crisp cereal on top of the fruit. Drizzle on some Greek yoghurt and dust with ground cinnamon.
- Easy, and you still have time for that extra half an hour in bed! Enjoy!